Sager Laptops (was Re: [ale] OT: 64 MB DDR 4XAGP ATI 9000 VideoCard)

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Wed Jan 1 11:13:57 EST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, John Wells wrote:

> Well, right before I clicked buy, I ran across this BBB post:
>
> http://www.labbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/C%3A/Inetpub/wwwroot/SouthlandReport/default.htm?hCompID=13055884&hAKAID=1&hAddrID=1

I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I've dealt with Clevo products for a
while now, and the lesson I've learned is simple. Buy through a reseller.
Sager doesn't offer a great support and that's pretty clear up front. It's
up to the individual reseller to take care of that. If you buy direct from
Sager, you can purchase an extended warrany through Phillips-Magnavox.
Powernotebooks.com offers their own. Sager isn't the only shop selling
that particular model. Clevo, a company in Taiwan makes these and sells
them to Sager, Alienware, M-Tech, Pro Star, and others. Nobody, and I mean
nobody can compete with Dell when it comes to service. The question you
have to ask yourself is, is it worth paying twice the price? For me, the
answer is no, I'll take my chances...because I've dealt with Clevo
products and know what to expect. For a good idea of how the laptop
business really works, check this out:

http://www.powernotebooks.com/Name_Brand.php3

--
Jonathan Rickman