[ale] OT: Cisco VPN thru Netgear USB 802.11b adapter

Joe jknapka at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 28 21:29:10 EST 2003

Weird thing. The Cisco VPN client on my XP box, which has been working
fine for months over a 100Mbit twisted-pair connection to my home LAN,
quit working when I switched to a Netgear MA101 USB wifi adapter. I
can ping and telnet to the VPN server that I normally use, but the
Cisco client can't seem to do so (it says, "unable to establish a
TCP/IP connection to port 10000", even though I can telnet to port
10000 on the VPN server). I suspected it might be an MTU issue, but
fiddling with MTUs didn't make any difference. Anyone got a clue?

Thanks,

-- Joe Knapka