[ale] Pointer colors in gnome-terminal (and in X in general)

Alexander Barton abarton at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 28 21:52:28 EST 2003

Maybe I'm wierd, but I like my terminals to have white (-ish) text on a
black background.  Ever since I've been using these fancy GNOME
interfaces, my mouse pointer hasn't looked right.  It's inverse of what
it should be; the pointer is black and the surrounding shadow mask is white.

Back in the good old days of X, I could set the cursor colors with a
magic incantation in my .Xresources like:
	XTerm*pointerColor:              #ffffff
	XTerm*pointerColorBackground:    #000000

So, how does one go about changing the mouse pointer colors for  a
gnome-terminal?  (I'd think that it would be automatic, based on
foreground and background settings.  Not.)