[ale] [OT] Fewer DSL providers?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Feb 20 23:15:17 EST 2003

Nearly 3 years ago, Bellsouth noticed that Medione was roling out the
digital cable in my neighborhood. So BS got active and laid fiber. I
have a nice, green pole at the end of my driveway with fiber in it. And
BS won't sell me access to it. I have yet to find ANYONE inside BS that
knows anything about the fiber to the home program they advertised to me
when the put it in. They were talking about 10Mbit Internet access
(DROOL!) and now they don't talk at all.

Maybe they will sell it to Covad and that will give them "last mile"
access to my house. My SDSL service with Earthlink through Covad never
had a single hiccup. I wish I could afford it now.