[ale] Linux bay

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Thu Feb 20 12:29:24 EST 2003

I agree.

There is a good article along these lines written by some ex members of the
CA Public Service Commission.  The article told how prior to California's
deregulation of energy the group was on a plane trip back to CA from a visit
to a west coast state that they had visited (that was a "model of
deregulation") in their "due diligence" of deregulation.  Well, the now ex
members figured out in about one hour on the flight how the energy companies
could manipulate prices and such to scam the state and consumers.  Their
arguments fell on deaf ears in Sacramento, but apparently Enron and friends
paid attention and did exactly that.

And then there is the infamous McDonald's prize contest that was fixed, as
well as a state lottery that was fixed for a short time (someone injected a
group of the little numbered balls with water to make them heavier and thus
less likely to be picked).

Thus Advogato's site is worthy of perusal - and maybe some game theory sites
as well.

Greg