[ale] fullscreen CDrom X app?

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Feb 18 09:00:57 EST 2003

1) Create a special user called cdburner or something like that.
2) In their home directory create a .xinitrc file with to correct stuff
to load.

Looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

SCREENRES=1280x1024

# Load the cdburner
# Closing xcdroast will just respawn it.
# Please not that this program may need to have
# suid privs to be able to burn a cd.
while [ 1 ]
do
  xcdroast -geometry ${SCREENRES}+0+0
done

3) Depending on what you actually want done, you
need to make this user login automatically at boot
up.