[ale] kimset

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Feb 13 08:54:32 EST 2003

cfowler wrote:
> Circumventing access controls is wrong.  But what if there are no access
> controls?

So you walk up to the mall at 11:00 am on a Sunday, try the door, it's
not locked!  You walk in, pick up something and walk out.  Have you
broken the law?  Yes.

So you walk up to the mall at 11:00 am on a Sunday, try the door, it's
not locked!  You walk in,  walk around a bit, and a officer of the law
spots you through the glass.  Have you broken the law?  Will you be
prosecuted??

I don't really know, although you could likely be trespassing.  The
average person knows the hours of the mall and isn't open, but I suspect
some are open at 11:00 am on Sunday.  What if it was 1:00 am?  I suspect
you'd be hauled off and booked.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...