[ale] OT: scrollable tables...script or applet?Re: [ale] OT: scrollable tables...script or applet?

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Feb 12 20:23:26 EST 2003

http://www.siteexperts.com/tips/html/ts04/page1.asp

That may be what you are looking for.  You can do it in Java but the JTable
will require a JVM in IE that supports swing.  The problem is that Microshaft
no longer supports the ability to plug Suns JVM directly into the browser via
a plug-in.  If you want Swing support you must go to http://www.sun.com and
download the JVM and install it outside of Explorer.  It should work fine
then.

The one problem I have is with Konqueror.  I've got web pages that look
horrible under Konqueror but fine under IE6.  In some places the submint
buttons are the same width as the web page.  I have not figured out how to get
the browser to display some stuff correctly.  It also refuses to run
some of my javascript.  The one it hates is my navigation page.  This is 99%
Javascript that is a collabsible list.  Konq hates it and does not display it.
 So I try to stay in the mainstram of html when possible and stay around from
the may not be supported areas.

Chris