[ale] OT: WTB a CD burner on-the-cheap

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 10 00:05:14 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 22:36, Fulton Green wrote:
> So does anyone out there in ALEville have an older/slower (4x will do but
> prefer 8x) IDE-compatible CD burner they'd like to get rid of?  I figure
> that way, I won't have to send out any more notes pleading for someone to
> burn me the latest RH / Drake / Deb / Slack distro. :)

I have a 4X CD-R *scsi* drive that I'm thinking about letting go. Here
is the kicker. Its noisy. Not sure why, but it makes this strang
whirring sound even when its sitting there doing nothing. And its
definitely internal to the drive. All my researching on the web has
discovered that this particular model had lots of trouble and often
failed and I personally had the first one that I bought RMAd once.
However, its been fine and happy for almost 3 years now but I just can't
stand the noise. If you are interested in it let me know.

Vernard Martin <vernard at cc.gatech.edu>
Georgia Institute of Technology - College of Computing - Systems Group