[ale] Fileserver/filesystem replication

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Tue Dec 30 10:41:48 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 10:17, Stephen Leonard wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 10:06:20AM -0500, Matt Smith wrote:
> > Does anyone have experience with any filesystem replication methods other than rsync alone?  I'm looking for something a little more real-time (preferably not scheduled) to do at a minimum a one-way replication to a "backup" server, and ideally, a two-way replication so that two servers could be used in parallel.
>
> I think drbd might be the tool you're looking for.  I haven't
> personally used it, but I think it's a mature project.  Maybe
> somone else on the list has experience with it.
>
> stephen
> _
I have not used it, but drbd is what SUSE recommends for this type of
situation.

There is a drbd mailing list that is pretty technical, and also a lot of
drbd users hang out on the Linux_HA (heartbeat) users mailing list.

If you buy the SUSE full service version (Advanced Server?), then they
will support it too.  There main support guy (Lars Marowskee-Bree
(spelling)), is active on both of the above lists.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer