Resolved: [ale] gphoto2 configuration problem

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 27 09:56:42 EST 2003

ALErs -

Nothing like writing a problem down to make me _really_ look at the
information I've got.

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, John Mills wrote:

>  ... Now I am failing to configure 'gphoto2' with the
> following error message:
>
> ******
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgphoto2.pc'

 <lightbulb_in_thought_balloon>
 _That_ file would be in the libgphoto2 _build_ directory, not the source
or installation directories! Let's try this:

----
 [sound of 'find' sniffing around a bit ...]
 root at chipmunk:/tmp/build/gphoto# env |grep PKG
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/tmp/build/libgphoto/libgphoto2
----

Bingo. Successful 'configure' for 'gphoto2'.
 </lightbulb_in_thought_balloon>

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu