[ale] OT: HW failure

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 23 14:34:51 EST 2003

Hello,
	I recently experienced the sting of hard drive failure.  Luckily I noticed the drive making funny noises and was able to back up all my essential data.  I have installed Slackware 9.1 on an older hard drive.  I decided since RH was forcing my hand, I'd try something a little different.  I'm loving Slackware so far.  Very intuitive.  Anyway, the failed hd is recognized by my BIOS but linux is unable to talk to it.  It makes loud clicking noises.  Is there any hope for this thing?  I'm not a hw guy.  I was just hoping to salvage it because it is 60 GB.

Thanks,

Jeff Rose