[ale] Apache and symbolic links

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Fri Dec 19 17:23:24 EST 2003

All,

I have apache 1.3 running.  I want to replace the document root files with symbolic links pointing to files somewhere else on the server.  It is easy enough to populate the directory with sym links (ln -s...).  Unfortunately, apache does not pick up on the link to deliver the file when the hypertext is selected.  I tested the failure by placeing a real file in the document root.  The real file works.  Any symbolic link fails.  I know the symbolic links are good as I can can ls -l symlink_file and get the file statistics.

Is there something in the httpd.conf file I can tweak?

Regards,

John