[ale] Linux 2.6.0 Kernel Released

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Dec 18 15:34:19 EST 2003

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Nasty but extremely believable.
>
> All I know is that the burning portion works great for me and I can plug
> in my USB archos MP3 which uses the ide-scsi to represent the internal
> ide drive as /dev/sda and it works great as well.

It's quite interesting indeed.  I've been spending a lot of time on the
cdwrite list, as I've been wanting a dvd burner.  I picked up a dual
format burner the other day and have successfully burnt both a -r and +r
disk.

I'll have to give 2.6 a spin and see what happens.  Personally, I'd love
to be rid of the scsi-ide crap.  I've never understood the purpose, but
then, I've never looked at the code...

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net