[ale] make command

George Johnson gljay at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 16 02:42:32 EST 2003

I just installed vmware in rpm format on SuSE 9 on my laptop.  I ran the
pearl script it wanted to configure it for my system.  It asked if I had
the C compiler installed and I thought I had so I continued the script
but it could not find the make command.  I exited the program and found
I had not installed the C compiler so I installed it thru Yast. (Gcc
etc).  It still will not run and I am not sure where the make command is
that it needs as there are several make files throughout the system.  I
am trying to make all the mistakes on this system before I install the
larger hard drive and do it for real for my real estate business.

George.