[ale] [OT] MySQL privileges question.....

Keith Morris graphicsguy at charter.net
Tue Dec 16 10:24:56 EST 2003

Hi all.

I'm trying to create mysql users who have near root privileges:
SELECT,INSERT, UPDATE,DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER, REFERENCES,
SHOW DATABASES

The problem is, I want to give them these privileges ONLY on the
databases that they create, not any other's databases and I want this to
happen automatically so I don't have to police the databases and be
setting permissions all the time.

When I explicity deny the user priviliges in the mysql.db table, and run
the flush privileges command....no effect.  It seems as if the
mysql.user privileges are overriding the mysql.db privilegs... is this
right?

I've been trying to find reference to anything about database ownership
in MySQL but have not had much luck.

I would appreciate any information you might have.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Morris