[ale] Red Hat and the GPL

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Dec 12 11:04:25 EST 2003

I decided to call Red Hat to get the poop from them on this whole issue.
  What I was told was that Red Hat does expect that you install a
purchased copy of the software on a single machine.  If you use it on
more than one, you would be 'legally' required to perform certain
procedures to comply.

Although I did not ask for specifics, this is what I was told.  You
would have to remove all the Red Hat branding/logo stuff.  You would
have to remove all code and references to the Red Hat Network.  He also
noted there was other code that would have to be removed.  My assumption
is, that that code would be proprietary in nature to Red Hat.

I hope this clears up this dicussion.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net