[ale] Current Red Hat users - moving on?

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Mon Dec 8 12:54:46 EST 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 03:20:55PM -0500, Larry Richardson wrote:
> For the Red Hat users - are you going to switch distributions or go with
> Fedora?  If you are switching, which distro are you selecting and why?

Was running RedHat 7.3 and switched to Debian Sarge (Testing).  I
wanted more current apps than appeared to be in Woody.  Initial reason
for going with Debian was the net install.  I do not have a CD burner.
Staying with Debian because:

1. Apt-get is as wonderful as I was told ;-)
2. Stronger focus on security than I was used to.
3. To learn the ways of another distro.

Later,
Jim Seymour