[ale] Current Red Hat users - moving on?

Matthew Magee mnmagee at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 17:22:42 EST 2003

I am looking into RH Academic Desktop.  As far as I can tell, it is RHEL-WS,
but with a reduced $25/year RHN subscription.  Might as well take advantage
of being a student.

I still need to look at a list of what packages they will be offering.  If
anyone finds a nice comprehensive list, let me know.  All I found was a
quicky overview of the basic functionality, ie. web, word processing, etc.

Another option I still am considering is to continue using 9.0 as long as I
can.  All I intend to do is patch around any security issues, as I really
have no other reason to update anything.  That could hold me for quite some
time, with the added benefit of learning something.