[ale] cdrecord: "wrong page 7 for CD capabilities page" ???

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 27 06:22:37 EDT 2003

Kevin Krumwiede wrote:
> I have not used my CD burner in a while, and I have since upgraded my
> kernel and (I think) cdrecord RPMs.  Now I am getting the following
> when I try to burn a CD:
>
> root at aphrodite:/home/kevin/jen-cd 0:# cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=8
> -eject -audio *.wav

You likely will need to find your way to the cdwrite list.  There are
quite a few helpful folks there, but understand that Jörg Schilling  is
quite short with folks and pretty much hates Linux.  Just wear your
asbestos undies.  You will get help there, and I suspect that's the
place you'll need to go as this appears to be hardware related, but that
doesn't make sense.

Bear in mind, that if you start your post with, 'I just upgraded my
kernel...' Jörg will likely blame Linux and tell you to read the docs.
Pretty standard comeback for him.  I'd start out with posting the error,
not saying anything about a recent upgrade.  Provide as much info as you
can, including the kernel version, which might give your upgrade away,
but do it just the same.

Good luck, post back if you get a resolution?  I'm not saying you won't
get an answer from this list, just trying to point you in a couple of
directions.

Here's the link to the cdrecord page, which should lead you to the
cdwrite list:

http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...