[ale] Debian install - sanity check (Turned into SuSE via FTP)

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 15 11:11:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 10:29:15AM -0400, BruceG wrote:
[snip]
> Bruce (still contemplating Debian - have downloaded ISO's 1-5 of 3.0Stable,
> just not sure at all of any skills in installing and configuring correctly.
> Might be good to make a new partition and boot between SuSE, Debian and
> Windows).

If you have plenty of disk space, you can install Debian in a chroot.
There is even a nifty tool to help do this called debootstrap.  There
are rpms for debootstrap here[1], but the site seems to be down right
now.  There are also instructions for installing Debian in a chroot
here[2].  And, of course, you can also install gentoo easily in a
chroot, if you want to try that again.

Good luck,
Jason

[1] http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/