[ale] Re: [ale-admin] Offer to host meetings

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Tue Aug 12 12:11:28 EDT 2003

A long time ago, (12.08.03), in a galaxy far, far away, Geoffrey wrote:

:=Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
:=> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 11:05 am, Geoffrey wrote:
:=>
:=>>>Seems to me there is some value in an occasional large scale meeting
:=>>>of everyone.
:=>>
:=>>I would agree, but I don't know how to get everyone together, unless you
:=>>call it an install fest.  For some reason, they come out of the walls
:=>>then. :)
:=>
:=>
:=> We used to call it ALS.  <sniff> <sob>
:=
:=Dare we bring it up?  How about it, would it be possible to resurrect
:=ALS?  What would it take?

- The ALS trademark (assuming it was trademarked by the group that held it)
- Space at a hotel or convention center
- Content such as panels and discussions
- Enough organizational ability to mold the previous three things into a
  convention.

That's all that's *needed*.  The following would be nice:

- Sponsors (to help defay costs)
- A vendor area/exhibit hall for companies to hawk their wares and a place
  for participants to acquire swag.
- After hours events such as BOF/SIG sessions and a dinner or two for people
  to meet and greet.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's