[ale] IMAP spam filtering

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 12 10:58:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:17:26AM -0400, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for an IMAP spam filter?  I'd like a
> little daemon to monitor my email, and when something comes it it
> downloads the mail, runs a spam filter, then either leaves it on the
> server, or moves it to my spam mailbox on the server.

I don't know of anything that does this exactly.  You can use
fetchmail+spamassassin to retrieve and filter the messages, but I don't
think you'll be able to move the messages to a different folder on the
server without writing some code.

Or, you could use mozilla-mail or thunderbird, which includes a Bayesian
spam filter, and can store messages to a spam folder on the server.
That would be awfully resource heavy for a biff-like program, but it
would work without having to write any code.

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9