[ale] meetings, ale web site, assistance is requested

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 12 07:19:26 EDT 2003

aaron wrote:
> On Monday 11 August 2003 19:54, Harold Bieber wrote:

> I seriously believe that any new or revived efforts for enhancing
> ALE's community presence would be MUCH better applied to restoring
> the practice of posting Presentation Archive information that is
> properly updated and linked to presenter provided slides and
> contacts.

I agree completely.  Since we've got three meetings a month, I'm still
looking for a designate from each of the meetings to provide assistance
with keeping the ALE web site up to date.  I'll be glad to continue to
maintain the NW section.  That leaves us with a Central and NE
designate.  If someone wants to take on the NW, that's fine with me too,
I'll still handle updating the actual web site.

What we need is one person representing each of the other meetings to
take on the responsibility of providing me with meeting information on a
timely basis.  It would have to be already formatted so that all I have
to do is drop it on the website.  Further, Sue has again offered to
automate the announcements of the meetings, but for her to do this, we
need to get the info to her in a timely fashion as well.

So, any takers?  I'll be very honest, I don't have the time to update
the site for three meetings a month and keep the meeting archive updated
as well.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...