[ale] Re: [ale-admin] Offer to host meetings

Ray Knight audilover at atlantabroadband.com
Tue Aug 12 00:06:17 EDT 2003

I personally know at least a half dozen people who don't attend meetings
because they all fall on a Thursday and they have some other commitment
for that weeknight.  Perhaps choosing a different weeknight to host the
meetings, or perhaps even a Saturday afternoon meeting would meet with
some success.  I've attended meetings at all three of the current
locations.  It just depends on my other priorities and the meeting
topic.  If the scheduled speaker is going to talk on something I'm
interested in I'll try to find some way to make the meeting.

Ray

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 09:37, Chris Farris wrote:
> Intresting... My first thought is we don't need another ALE spinoff.
> Pretty soon each subdivision will have its own ALE. Of course, when I
> was working in Alpharetta the commute into Gwinnett was so bad I can
> understand why the ALE NorthCentral people would need their own
meeting.
> The question is, are there any thursdays left in the month?
>
> Chris
>

> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 06:06, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Troy Keur wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > My name is Troy Keur and I'm the Southeast Technical Director for
> > > Novell. Recently Novell has made extremely aggressive strides into
the
> > > Linux and open source world and we would be very happy to host
these
> > > monthly meetings at our facility in Alpharetta on Haynes Bridge
road.
> > > Maybe even start a new chapter. The Alpharetta / Roswell areas are
> > > becoming the tech sector for Atlanta and I believe we would get
great
> > > local attendance.
> >
> > Hey Troy. It would not surprise me if you find a number of folks
> > interested in such an offering.  We currently have 3 meetings a
month,
> > dubbed, Central, North West, North East.  The North East meeting is
> > quite a bit south of the Alpharetta area though.  We are running out
of
> > names for meetings, thus it might well be dubbed YAAM (Yet Another
ALE