[ale] KDE reinstall

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Aug 7 19:41:23 EDT 2003

Zyman, Andy wrote:
> Geoffrey, So will it be correct to say that if i want to install
> Netcrap version 10 and it will require glibc version 7 than yast will
> reinstall practically whole system? than what will happened if
> program ASDF, somewhere in the middle of this resolving dependencies
> process, doesn't have an rpm ?

You're not going to be able to install just any rpm, you'll want to
stick with SuSE rpms when working with SuSE.  So, it's unlikely you'll
find such an upgrade, but if you do, yes, YAST is going to handle all
the necessary upgrades.

>> I have suse 8.1, but i decided ( why , i don't know )
>>
>>> that i don't like it. And one of the reasons was - not many rpms
>>> for it.
>>
>> What exactly is meant by that???
>

> I'm, somehow, under impression that .rpm files "belongs" or "owned"
> by rpm tool and yast ( or any other tool) can't ( or doesn't have all
> options to ) deal with them. // I can see whole alelist failing from
> their chairs :)

I still don't get your point on this, thus I'm still in my chair...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...