[ale] Network Diagramming Tools?

Bruce Griffis griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 5 22:30:12 EDT 2003

Hey all,

   Can any of you recommend a good (and simple) network diagramming tool for
Linux? I've done my home diagrams and diagrams for the church hybrid wireless
/ wired network on notepaper, but would prefer something a little nicer. Any
tools with a good symbol selection, and export to PDF or HTML or ? for
viewing on MS PC's.

   And thanks again for all the info on cabling for a home LAN. I priced the
components out using Description, Model Number, Price per Unit, Units
Required, and Extended Price. Also added costs for tools, wish list and
taxes. Thinking wireless is looking less expensive than cabling the entire
house - but might start with just doing a few drops for kicks and grins.

Bruce