[ale] Fresh Gentoo Install #2, and I've got 2 questions

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 1 10:09:18 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:25:36PM -0400, Nathan J. Underwood wrote:
> Ok, I couldn't take it any longer [and killed the process].  It did pick back up
> where it left off (whew), just in case anyone else was wondering.  Anybody got
> any ideas about the name resolution thing?

First of all, there's a wealth of information at
http://forums.gentoo.org .  Sign up for an account if you haven't
already.

I can't think of any reason why emerge would be unable to resolve a
host, but ping would.  Are you sure it's not some other error, like a
connection refused?

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9