[ale] FW: Paypal account update spoof

Joseph Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 22 23:25:50 EDT 2003

Transam <bob at verysecurelinux.com> writes:

> This is a fine example of Social Engineering that probably will be
> quite successful.  Always be suspicious of similar types of requests
> asking for your sensitive information, such as credit card, debit card,
> and bank account numbers, and other personal information.

I've received nearly identical messages purporting to originate from
eBay, PayPal, and Earthlink. However, in the ones I received, the URL
that these idiots included for updating the "billing information"
pointed at a nonexistent page on some free web hosting site.

-- Joe Knapka

[scissors of brevity]