[ale] term-based mail client for Maildir format?

Alan Bowman aminus at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 15 20:04:01 EDT 2003

>Thanks for all the input.  I opted for pine, and it's working nicely.
>Just wish it had vi mappings...

I'm not sure if this is what you're refering to, but you can use vi in
pine.

>From the pine Main menu -> "S" for Setup -> "C" for Config

Under Composer Preferences -
[X]  enable-alternate-editor-cmd
[ ]  enable-alternate-editor-implicitly (you can choose this to make it
always open in vi, and not pico.)

(much, much further down in the Config setup)
editor  = /usr/bin/vim (or vi)

Save and exit Config, quit Pine, and restart. In the Menu at the
bottom of the screen you'll see  ^_ Alt Edit (that's Control + Shift +
Underscore). This opens the message in vi.

...alan
--
No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulder blades will
seriously cramp his style.