[ale] odd printing problem

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Sep 21 18:17:24 EDT 2002

It appears that open office and abiword are trying to use a different
print mechanism.   In other words, Konqueror is using cups and abiword
is using lpr.  I had a similar problem with koffice on my daughter's
computer.  The easy part was that the print window for koffice has a
selection box for selecting cups, lpr or lpring.

Point is, I'm not sure how to correct your problem but a reasonable
solution would be to remove the offending package (print package that is).

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net