[ale] Somewhat off-topic XFree86 4.2

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Sep 13 10:52:44 EDT 2002

Jonathan,

I have it working with the i815e chipset on a Dell Optiplex GX150.

Support is limited.  I can run one desktop fairly well at good
resolutions.  However, attempting to switch to a virtual terminal often
causes X to crap out, and trying to run a seperate desktop on another
display causes X (and sometimes the whole machine) to lock up.

John