[ale] sharing printer

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed Sep 11 18:25:33 EDT 2002

Elanchezhian Sivanandam wrote:
> yeah,
>
>   It is a  HP LaserJet 1100 (MS)
>   and offcourse it uses a winbloze driver

Here is my guess as to what the problem is.

   You have the Winbloze server as you print server,
	It has a print driver for Winbloze,
	It expects data in a certain format (Windows Meta Data)
	It will take that data and re-format it according to the driver specs.

   You have a Linux box as your client,
	It is using a driver for the printer or just sending a RAW data flow.  Either way, it is not creating Windows Meta Data.
	ergo, Linux is sending data to the Winbloze server in the wrong format.

   Solution:
1)	Create a new Winbloze print queue for raw data as a pass though.  It will not do any formatting of the data, but will just ask as a FIFO pipe and/or buffer for the print job.
or
2)	Use a Linux driver that creates Windows Meta Data that the Winbloze server can understand and re-format.

>   i can't understand  ur next question
>   "What driver are you defining was used when creating the print job?"

Are you using a print driver on the Linux side? or are you sending raw data (or postscript) to the windows server?

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith