[ale] OT, but not as OT as recent stuff (JAVA)

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Thu Oct 31 16:18:06 EST 2002

You can not put primitive types into Hashtable, only objects, so you
probably store Long.

hash.put( key , new Long( 1000 ) );

When you get back an Object form hashtable cast it back to correct type:

Long one = (Long)hash.get(key);
Long two = (Long) hash2.get(key);
long rez = one.longValue() - two.longValue();

or one pass
long rez = ((Long)hash.get(key)).longValue() -
((Long)hash2.get(key)).longValue();

Tomas