[ale] A use for Windows . . .

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 31 15:18:00 EST 2002

On Thursday 31 October 2002 02:41 pm, Andrew Grimmke wrote:
> When I wanted to use it on my linux box I
> went to CompUSA, picked out the cheapest Smartmedia
> card reader I could find (dazzle, I believe)

Andrew,
would you do me a favor, please. flip over your smart media
reader widget and verify the brand name. I am using one by
Lexar (guts made by an English firm) and it is NOT supported
by Linux -- there are NO drivers available. I need to replace
this thing (it also reads Type II -- microdrive) with one
that Linux can see -- and read/write.
If your's is a Dazzle, I'll go get one on MOnday.

Sean