[ale] [OT] - Re: [ale] .NET

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Oct 30 23:55:30 EST 2002

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Okay, this might be in very poor taste...  I wonder if MSFT would put
> "shills" out in the Linux community to gather intel about what works
> and doesn't work with thier platforms?  I'm not saying this guy is,
> but can't you find TONs of info about .NET online?

True, but Michael's been on this list a while, started out as I recall
to be quite a newbie, and has, in a short time, become quite
knowledgeable and helpful.  So yes, I think it's an unfair assessment of
Michael.

> Sorry, if I sound like a zealot; but at this point I'm very doubtful
> of anything MSFT related.

I agree with this point.  I don't trust anything Microsoft puts out. All
their effort is to continue their strangle hold on the market. (.NOT,
er, .NET,  PaleIdium....)

> I don't mean to imply that you (the poster) are a shill or that
> you're a MSFT drone.  It occured to me based on the way you phrased
> your question... no disrespect, and I'm not challenging you.

He's not, you owe him a beer when he get's old enough.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net