[ale] .NET

Michael Golden naugrim at email.byu.edu
Wed Oct 30 23:05:52 EST 2002

Greetings,
	I just went to an MS presentation about .NET here at my school and of
course their presentation was all in favor of it. I came out of the
presentation with a free copy of WinXP Pro and Visual Studio.NET
Academic Edition, but also thinking that it isn't that bad of an idea
but not my style and I'll avoid it. But, I'm interested in hearing what
people think here both positively and negatively as it applies to Linux
and to computing in general (honestly don't care about the windows only
part). How will it affect us good or bad? What problems are there with
it?

Michael