[ale] [OT] sed/php/bash-script programming question

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Oct 29 10:11:20 EST 2002

    Jonathan> There aren't any write-in places available.  The
    Jonathan> students have the ballots 2 days ahead of time, and can
    Jonathan> register to be on the ballot up until then.

    Jonathan> I guess I could add an entry to filter for input
    Jonathan> type=text....

I was going to say something earlier about this, but trusting
arbitrary user input unvalidated is a Bad Idea (especially if it's
going to get passed on more or less directly to something else like a
shell or as an SQL query).

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=