[ale] strange memory leak

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 28 09:24:36 EST 2002

For the record:
I finally tracked down the ap that was slowly but steadily stealing
memory from my system until everything rolled belly-up.

It was kalarmd.

Apparently there is a bug in there somwehere and it doesn't give up
on an alarm after the event time has passed.  After a week of up time,
the this ap had managed to steal more than 400k of memory and was
still busily at work.  I had to go back and erase the alarm check on
the two events it was still tracking (one in February and one in March.)

I think I will no longer use this "feature" of korganizer. <grin>

Sean