[ale] OT new spam approach

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 27 21:59:04 EST 2002

Geoffrey wrote:
> In the last two days I've received two different spam emails that
> requested receipts.  How many foolish folks will click ok???

I just got something a bit tricky, too. It was a harmless-looking
message with an attachment called "AnalogPhones.txt." I was curious
as to the real motive, so I saved the attachement as a file - and
it actually turned out to be called "AnalogPhones.txt<250 spaces>.pif".
I've never seen that particular ploy before; is this a well-known
thing?

Cheers,

-- Joe