[ale] ide-sci problems

Randy Janinda rjaninda at tqlabs.com
Fri Oct 25 12:29:22 EDT 2002

I found the solution (for those following at home).

In /etc/devfsd.conf I had to uncomment a line:

# Give the cdrw group write permissions to /dev/sg0
# This is done to have non root user use the burner (scan the scsi
bus)
REGISTER        ^sg0$       PERMISSIONS root.cdrw 660

Then simply  add the users to the group 'cdrw'.

That fixed it.

Thanks and good luck,

Randy

--