[ale] EULA trap (fwd)

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 22 17:52:35 EDT 2002

I worked in a banking data center and we didn't allow anybody to push data of
any kind to our servers. We only retrieved the data in a way we could
control. But in my time in banking, I did see software that could only be
supported by having a technician log onto the production server using
PCAnywhere (Ouch!). That was of courseon NT based software. If I were an
officer of the bank, I would present this information to my federal examiners
and ask them what they think of it. Of course, I don't think it likely that
the current administration would get tough with Microsoft over an issue like
this.