[ale] k7s5a motherboard

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Oct 21 21:26:01 EDT 2002

Which is precisely why you _want_ to use artic silver. The conductivity
sword is double edged. Too much, at it oozes onto pins and shorts them.
It will conduct electricity almost as well as heat.

For best results, a process similar to a mortar bed for tile would be
best. Take a piece of plastic from a bleach bottle (stiff, but very
workable) and cut a straight edge with a ruler and knife of a chunk big
enough to cover the width of the heat sink bottom. In that edge, cut a
regular sawtooth pattern of 1/16" wide "V's". Smear a line of Arctic
Silver along the edge of the sink and use the tool to "wipe" it accros
the surface. You want a smooth, regular pattern of hills and valleys.
Now attach the heatsink in one motion and start the overclocking!

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 17:13, John Wells wrote:
> I've read good reviews regarding Artic Silver, but the guy I spoke with at
> tcwo.com was adamant that it shouldn't be used.  He said it has a much
> higher conductivity than standard paste, among other things.
>
> John

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

 This is a digitally signed message part