[ale] k7s5a motherboard

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Oct 21 16:00:00 EDT 2002

Irv Mullins wrote:
> On Monday 21 October 2002 01:01 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>Just out of curiosity, my expectation is that if the cpu is running 45C
>>(~112F), that the heat sink would be pretty warm to the touch, but that
>>does not appear to be the case.  Maybe not, since 112F isn't but a few
>>degrees above body temperature.  Maybe I've got my upper limit wrong??
>>Input??
>

> Could it be that there is not good thermal bonding between the chip and
> the heatsink?

Possibly.  This processor came with a heatsink and fan.  The processor
is different then any I've seen in a while.  The sink only touches an
area about 1 cm square on top of the actual chip.  The chip has four
little rubber feet at the corners that the sink rests on.  There was
thermal substance on the sink which is exposed when you remove some tape
backing.  I guess I could pick up some new thermal goo and reset the sink.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net