[ale] [OT] congress vote history

SanMillan, Todd tis3 at cdc.gov
Fri Oct 18 13:04:48 EDT 2002

passed the Senate of the 105th congress 99-0
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/vote1052/vote_00137.html

House info is harder to find.  According to thomas http://thomas.loc.gov/ it
passed the House under a suspension of the rules by a voice vote
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d105:HR02281:@@@X|/bss/d105query.ht
ml|) which is defined at c-span http://www.c-span.org/ as

"During a VOICE VOTE, members say 'aye' aloud as a group, followed by the
group saying 'no.' The presiding officer decides which group prevailed and
announces the result. No names are recorded "