[ale] Monday morning conspiracy theorist...

Robert E. Karaffa, II rkaraff at emory.edu
Mon Oct 14 13:28:35 EDT 2002

...and where does Apple's OS X fit into all of this?  In my normal daily
computing life I have managed to squeeze down my use of a Windows platform
to an old 100MHz no-name box at home.  all it does (Win98SE) is run a Caller
ID server app that shares the Caller info with my home LAN (mostly Macs, one
now with Jaguar).  my Linux DSL gateway hasn't seen much of any viral
attacks (yet) of which I'm aware.
    since OS X is a flavor of Unix (did I type that right?), is it to be
expected that virii will eventually show up for it as well?  I think it was
safe to assume that we would see hackers going after Linux at some point.
however, there are sooooo many Windows boxes to peek into...

-Bob K., uber-nothing...that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

--
Robert E. Karaffa, II
e-mail: rkaraff at emory.edu