[ale] IMAP over HTTP?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sun Oct 13 14:04:31 EDT 2002

Has anyone had any experience with web-based apps that can be used to access
IMAP mailboxes?  Saying these words in the same sentence to me sounds like a
ton of security risks, so I'm hesitant to try it.

My intention is to be able to access mail from work or home.  At home, I'm
currently using POP via KMail to access several accounts.  I suppose I could
telnet in from work and hope that elm/pine will read kmail's mailbox files,
but I worry about concurrency (kmail is always up on my desktop at home).  I
figured IMAP would solve the concurrency problem.

Any ideas?

-E.