[ale] LWN needs our help

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Oct 11 16:52:17 EDT 2002

An announcement I meant to make last night, but forgot to, is that the
Linux Weekly News needs our help.  lwn.net is, in my opinion, the best
Linux news source out there.  It gives an incredibly good summary of
the latest Linux happenings each week.  It includes pointers to all the
important articles as well as some news analysis.  It also has good
coverage of kernel development issues.  I've been reading it for years
and it has always been very good.

They have come to realize that advertising will not pay their bills and
are asking for $5 per month subscriptions.  If you can find a way, I
think it is well worth it.

I was able to convince my company to cover it.  It is an invaluable
resource for Linux news, and, since my job requires up to date
knowledge of Linux, they were happy to pay for a subscription.

I encourage everyone to see if they can find a way to subscribe.

--michael