[ale] OT: Latest spam technique

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Oct 9 01:47:14 EDT 2002

You can relax.  Your message below with the embedded HTML breaking up words
was correctly caught as spam by spamassassin. ;-)

Here's the report:

  SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results
    ----------------------
  SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
  SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
  SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
  SPAM:
  SPAM: Content analysis details:   (5.4 hits, 5 required)
  SPAM: MORTGAGE_RATES     (4.4 points)  BODY: Information on mortgage rates
  SPAM: RCVD_IN_MULTIHOP_DSBL (1.0 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in
    multihop.dsbl.org
  SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
    244.244.207.130.multihop.dsbl.org]
  SPAM: X_RCVD_IN_UNCONFIRMED_DSBL (1.0 points)  RBL: Received via a relay
    in unconfirmed.dsbl.org
  SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
    244.244.207.130.unconfirmed.dsbl.org]
  SPAM: FUDGE_MULTIHOP_RELAY (-1.0 points) RBL: Do not double penalize if
    an IP is a multihop and an open relay
  SPAM:
  SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results

Notice that it matched "MORTGAGE_RATES", even though you'd broken it up with
HTML....

(and I'm sure this reply is also going to match people's spamassassin
setups ;-)

later,
chris