[ale] NTP

Robert Heaven robertheaven at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 5 16:27:48 EDT 2002

Your time server (call it "server_A") should have an ntpd.conf similar
to this:

server  tock.usno.navy.mil
server  127.127.1.0
fudge   127.127.1.0   stratum 12
driftfile  /var/log/ntp.drift
statsdir  /var/log/

The second "server" statement allows the ntpd daemon to sync to itself
so the other hosts won't give you that message.

Then, all your other hosts should have an ntpd.conf file like this:

server  server_A.nowhere.net (or use you IP address)
driftfile  /var/log/ntp.drift
statsdir  /var/log/